Monday, December 12, 2011

Who Wants Fudge?

Notice I did not say who needs fudge-although chocolate is now doubt what I would call a necessary luxury, technically it can't be called a need. But it's pretty darn close.
And this is pretty darn close to one of the easiest,yummiest chocolate treats you can give yourself-but what is chocolate without peanut butter to back it up? It's like cake without the frosting,jingle without the bells, whiskey without the drunken inappropriateness. I mean ice.
So here is my lazy fudge recipe:
Note-I stole this from the Internet last year,so I have no idea who to thank for this delicious recipe. Al Gore maybe?

Fudge Recipe
1 can(14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 bag peanut butter chips
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips(I used Nestle chocolate chips)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
8 inch pan
microwave safe bowl
wax paper.

1. Line pan with wax paper and set aside
2. In the microwave safe bowl,mix peanut butter chips, 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes, checking every 30 seconds or so.
3. Stir mixture until smooth and spread over wax paper in pan. Refrigerate to set.
4. While this is setting,pour chocolate chips into microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes, checking every 30 seconds or so.
5. Stir until smooth and spread over peanut butter layer.
6. Chill to set, at least 30 minutes. Top will be really firm.
7. Cut into squares or chunks and enjoy!


I want to start posting recipes every week or so,hopefully on Mondays,so if you want to see something special, just let me know. Most of what I put out will be basic, traditional foods, as that's what we eat. We believe food should taste good, so I will be using full fat,milk, cream and butter and sweeteners .Lots of butter!
But we also try to eat fresh foods and less processed foods, so as we start eating more(and hopefully better), I'll try and put those recipes that pass muster out here as well.
I already use quite a lot of whole wheat and recently I bought Sucanat. It's basically less refined cane sugar, sometimes with the molasses kept in, and it tastes delicious to me. Apparently the kids like it too, since I caught Youngest Boy eating it out of the 3 gallon bucket with a serving spoon. Organic or not, I'm pretty sure 8 tablespoons of unrefined sugar will still make a 10 year old boy go off like a bottle rocket!
Also if anyone happens to take an interest in disaster preparedness, I have quite a bit of good, basic information on that. here in Tornado land, it's always good to be prepared. not to mention in the past 3 year our house has been struck, or almost struck by lightening 3 times and had it's roof destroyed by softball sized hail-thankfully before we moved in.
And someday soon, I'm going to take some pictures of the sweet horses at the shelter,especially the two Mustangs who have a special place in my heart, as well as three 3 miniature dwarf ponies my kids love so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment